Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing are two kinds of marketing.Marketing is an indispensable part of any business which cannot be ignored. A wise and visionary entrepreneur ensures setting a part of the budget for marketing efforts. However, it is an era where a large number of people make online transactions, another chunk of people doesn’t even know how to use internet. It causes a lot of difficulties for entrepreneurs to decide which aspect of brand marketing to concentrate on ; traditional marketing or digital marketing.
What is Marketing?
The marketing concept is the philosophy that firms should analyze the needs of their customers and then make decisions to satisfy their customer’s needs ,better than the competition. There are different types of marketing such as :
- Cause marketing
- Close range marketing
- Transactional marketing
- Relationship marketing
- Digital marketing
- Scarcity marketing
- Viral marketing
- Diversity marketing etc.
Here we will discuss the difference between Traditional marketing and Digital marketing.
What is traditional marketing?
Traditional marketing refers to any type of promotion, advertising or campaign that has been in use by companies for years, and that has a proven success rate . Methods of traditional marketing can include print advertisements such as :
- Magazine ads
- Newspaper print ads etc.
Digital marketing is the new age marketing method of the global realm. With internet finding its application and benefit in every aspect of life, marketing too has managed to not only create awareness or promote brands through it, but also give them a global platform to reach a wider customer base. It includes the following :
- Business networking sites such as LinkedIn
- Social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Email marketing
- Paid pop-up ads
- Click baiting URLs for viral content marketing etc.
Difference between Traditional marketing and Digital marketing:
Traditional marketing has its own advantages but there is no doubt that internet marketing has set a revolution ablaze. It has some clear winning benefits over traditional marketing and some of those are mentioned below :
- Low cost – Newspaper, television and other such media ads cost a lot , advertising through the internet is quite less costly than advertising through traditional marketing.
- Real time result – Digital marketing has an edge over traditional marketing since it is able to give quick results ,while the latter keeps you waiting for a long before showing any results. With online marketing you can measure and view everything from number of visitors , conversion rate , busiest period of the day and bounce rate too with ease.
- Brand development – When the question of brand image arises among traditional marketing and digital marketing ,digital marketing has an added advantage . Due to the limitation of space and low frequency of advertisements as is the case with conventional marketing, it loses at the hands of the online marketing.
- Greater Exposure – Any traditional form of marketing device, be it television commercials or a newspaper ad ,can only cover a certain area or population sector of a region. Whereas online advertisement has the ability to reach out a widespread population, even the whole of the world.
- Quicker Publicity – Owing to real time results with digital marketing,you get instant publicity and even if you do not , you can instantly know which of your ad isn’t working. Digital marketing works like a chain reaction giving you newer audience and earning you a newer customer with every passing nanosecond.
- Easy Analytics – With the help of digital marketing, measuring the marketing efforts becomes very easy and quick.You can instantly see which strategy is working and which isn’t through Google Analytics.
- Works for every stage or field – Digital marketing allows even small businesses with a handful of staff members to expand their brand presence and manage advertising and marketing front which cannot be held with traditional marketing.